Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pre-Halloween festivities

So i guess we'll work backwards since my pictures are a little out of order.

We waited a little longer than usual to pick out the perfect Allen family pumpkin and finally picked it out yesterday afternoon. The week has flown by, mostly because I was concentrating on getting things together for the Halloween party i cohosted with my friend, Mary.

We cleaned it all the guts and let the kids have their own shot at scooping the junk while we supervised. Of course we used a pumpkin carving kit and in no time, our pumpkin turned into a masterpiece.

The Final Product


the dirty work


Ready to skip down the yellow brick road


The scarecrow, minus part of his headpiece.
I can't blame him though, i wouldn't want burlap wrapped around my head either.

1 comment:

Erica said...

oh my cuteness. Mandi and I were "oww-ing" over these yesterday! Your kids are seriously the cutest. And the pumpkin looks great.