Saturday, July 26, 2008

Toe Jam


Last Thursday while Sulley and I were doing bicycle exercises with her legs, i made a startling discovery. I noticed that her little feet, toes in particularly, looked dirty. Could it be that Greg and I dont bathe her as often as we should? Every two weeks is fine, right?! ha, yes i know it's a little long. After all, it is amazing how much dirt and debris makes it's way between every little crevice of these bodies. I dont understand how Colton and Sulley's fingernails manage to get so dirty - it looks almost as if they've been digging in the dirt for worms! Instead of spending my mornings rubbing their backs after I feed them, I find myself spending the mornings cleaning out the underside of their fingers nails. But anyways -- back to their feet... Sulley's in particular - Yes, my startling discovery.... black, grimy, dusty, gunk. TOE JAM!!! Yes friends, babies have toe jam! Call me crazy but i never dreamed i'd be picking toe jam out of 3 month old toes. Wikipedia defines toe jam as "a substance accumulating between the toes"; The urban dictionary offers much better, detailed description of the word they define toe jam as "that grey-brown s#$%* that accumulates between your toes. Primarily composed of dead skin cells, sock fluff and sweat." GROSS!! Whatever the gunk may be, it's nasty and it doesn't belong on the precious, angelic feet of my kids.

4 comments:

Elisabeth said...

What slack parents you are...just kidding.

Ingrid said...

a little toe bath before bed never hurt anybody!!

Stacey Faye said...

Ah -- toe jam is the least of your worried. I'm sure my kid will be covered in all sorts of crap. Baths are over-rated...

Unknown said...

After that last comment from Stacey better be having a boy!!!!!